I get so much more from a book when I discuss it with others. When I read Linchpin, I was eager to hear what others thought. I particularly loved the concepts of emotional labor and our work as a gift we give without expecting a return.
I invited Mark McGuinness to join me in discussing these and other topics from Seth Godin‘s latest book, Linchpin.
Here are some of the topics we addressed during the call (which ran to 48 minutes):
- Can anyone be an artist (not just the guys with paintbrushes)?
- Are any of us truly indispensable?
- Is it easier to be a Linchpin as an employee or entrepreneur?
- How can you tell what your gift is?
- What can you do when the gift you give through your work is rejected?
- What are the rewards of doing emotional labor?