Writing retreat in Newport Beach, Oregon July 10 - 12, 2012
One spot left!
Now is the time to write the book only you can. Join us to Claim Your Authority. During the workshop you will:
- Get clear on the subject of your book or blog.
- Connect to the heart of your message so excuses no longer have a place.
- See how several of your ideas might be combined.
- Choose a working title to help you stay on track.
- Draft a plan to start writing now – and keep writing until it’s finished.
We've booked 10 ‘bestseller’ rooms at the Sylvia Beach hotel on Oregon’s gorgeous coast. This charming hotel is named after the amazing Paris bookseller, Sylvia Beach, who is the heroine of my novel.
This is truly a book lover’s hotel. Drawing inspiration from the bookish atmosphere and the gorgeous coastline, we’ll nestle in for two days to develop our book or blog ideas.
The juicy details
The Claim Your Authority retreat includes:
- Workshop, coaching and instruction by Cynthia Morris, writer’s coach and author.
- Two dinners, two breakfasts, two lunches (alcoholic beverages not included).
- Some surprises to make it even more fun!
- Two nights lodging in your own cozy author’s room - first come, first choice for the following rooms:
- Alice Walker reserved!
- Emily Dickinson reserved!
- Virginia Woolf reserved!
- Ernest Hemingway reserved!
- Dr. Seuss reserved!
- Amy Tan reserved!
- William Shakespeare
- Jane Austen reserved!
- JK Rowling reserved!
- F. Scott Fitzgerald reserved!
You may consider adding a third night at the hotel or make plans to visit other parts of Oregon. You will get so much inspiration from the retreat that you’ll want to give yourself a little space afterward to capture your ideas and authority on paper before you go home to begin the work of writing in your own environment.
For descriptions of the rooms and charming illustrations, visit the Sylvia Beach hotel web site.
Your AUTHORity coach
I’m Cynthia Morris, and I have combined my expertise as a coach and writer to create a workshop that goes where writing craft workshops don’t – to a finished book.
I’ve claimed my own authority to write my own books. At the heart of Create Your Writer’s Life and Chasing Sylvia Beach is the theme of finding and enjoying our unique creative expression.
As a coach, I’ve developed ways to help make the daunting task of writing a book easier. I connect my clients to their original impulse - the deeply rooted reasons why you must do the work you do.
With this self-awareness, it’s easy to devote time and space to doing your legacy work. It’s simple to enjoy your authority in the world. (And you’ll love finding your writing stride.)
These are a few of the authors I’ve helped claim their authority:
I’d Rather Be in the Studio Alyson Stanfield
The Heroine’s Bookshelf Erin Blakemore
Endings...Beginnings Ani Liggett
Hunger’s Path Carolyn Jennings
One Day at a Time David Sloan
Career Coward’s Series Katy Piotrowski
Leaving the Law Monica Parker
Seeing each of these authors claim their authority was powerful. It often took years to write their books. With my help, you can shave time off the learning curve. We’ll steer you past common blocks in the process. You'll be satisfied with your progress instead of frustrated that you can’t bring your idea into fruition.
Notes about the Sylvia Beach hotel:
- There is a cat on the premises, which will serve as our muse. If you are allergic or do not like cats, consider waiting for the 2013 Claim Your Authority workshop.
- There is no Internet at the hotel. There are nearby cafés where you can access the Internet, but you won’t need it for our retreat.
- The hotel is non-smoking.
- Contact the hotel directly to reserve extra nights before or after the retreat. We are booked for Tuesday and Wednesday nights, and the workshop ends on Thursday at 4 pm.
Join us to Claim Your Authority
There are only 10 spaces in this retreat. Reserve your spot now. If this speaks to you, take this opportunity to take your writing to its next powerful level. There’s not a better time than now to step up, speak up and put your authority into words.
Committing to a retreat like this releases a flush of exuberance and power that will pave the way for more of your authority to emerge.
It's hard to describe the value you will get from this weekend. Knowing your truth. Knowing how to express it. Solid plans for how to follow through on your vision.
A sense of your own authority.
What's that worth to you?
Registration and Cancellation policies
A $300 per person non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a space in the course. Balance is due May 10th, 2012.
For cancellations 31 days or more prior to departure, fees paid are refunded less the $300 deposit.
Cancellations made 30 days or less prior to departure will result in the loss of all monies received. Exceptions to this cancellation policy cannot be made for any reason, including personal emergencies. Please consider travel insurance to protect yourself against changes in your circumstances.
There is no refund for leaving a program early or arriving late. There are no refunds for any part of the program that you choose to opt out of.
We reserve the right to cancel the program prior to its start, in which case all monies will be refunded.