I always loved school, but I didn’t love getting an F in high school art. Now that I’m gearing myself toward making art, I am eager to learn and improve. I’m also eager to be financially prudent.
I adore this concept of earning my A from Rosamund and Benajmin Zander’s wonderful book The Art of Possibility.
Current favorite podcast: Design Matters by Debbie Millman.
Books resource: Denver Public Library, for which I am eternally grateful, otherwise I’d be penniless from buying so many books. Check out more books in my art school reading list.
- Daily sketching
- Weekly urban sketching excursions
- Weekly illustrated column at Original Impulse blog
- Weekly Friday art show and share
- Continued learning about processing for digital sharing
- Monthly meetings with art buddy
- Continued absorption of the wonders of the world and openness to juju, guided by intuition and enthusiasm.
How do you focus your ‘side project’ work? Do you use the frame of a curriculum or something else? Share in a comment below, and if this article inspired you, share it with your friends with one of the buttons below.